|"State Drugs Testing and Research Laboratory (SDT&RL)is situated at Nandankanan Road, Bhubaneswar-17 and was established in the year 1975.
The primary objective of this laboratory is to test and analyze statutory drug samples under the provision of Drugs and Cosmetics act 1940 and Rules thereunder.
SDT& RL is committed to its job for ensuring quality of drug samples received from different sources namely Drug control administration and Consumer.
The SDT&RL enables the Drugs Enforcement Wing to ensure the availability of Quality Medicines in the state of Orissa.
The laboratory is strengthened with man and machinepower to discharge its assigned responsibilities in the lager interest of the public.
At present, the main divisions of SDT&RL includes:Pharmachemistry, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Pharmacology ."
The laboratory is headed by Principal Scientific Officer and assisted by Scientific Officers/Assistants and other ministerial staff.
The activity of State Drugs Testing & Research Laboratory can be broadly divided into following subsections.
- Drug testing
- Accounts section
The drug testing activity can be further sub classified into
- Sample ( Receipt / Withdrawal )
- Acknowledgement of sample
- Preservation of sample
- Distribution of sample
- Testing of samples & submission of Test reports
- Scrutiny & final approval of Test reports
- Despatch of Test report
- Requsition of Testing Method / Reference Standard through Drugs Inspector
- Disposal of sample's declared Standard quality
- Preservation of Not of Standard Quality Samples
- Maintenance of Reference standard / Working standard